They Are Billions has now left Early Access, unleashing the zombie horde and giving players a 48-mission campaign to fight through.
Survival game They Are Billions combines city building with tower defense in a real-time strategy besieged by the undead. Players will have to collect and manage resources, recruit soldiers and build fortifications, all to survive the next wave of brain-munching addicts.
Numantian Games hinted about a new campaign months ago but ended up delaying the release until the V1.0 update. Now with the introduction of ‘The New Empire’ campaign; players can now experience two new ways to play.
Survival mode drops players into a randomised map and, in this horde-like mode, players will need to survive for a set time while the infected try to smash down fortifications.
The campaign mode tasks players with undertaking missions to expand the New Empire, establishing colonies, and protecting them with the Imperial Army.
Here are all the features of The New Empire Campaign:
- Lead the campaign following the orders of Quintus Crane, ruler of the new empire and reconquer the lands devastated by the infected.
- 48-mission campaign with more than 60 hours of gameplay.
- Build fortified colonies to survive in infected territories.
- Destroy the swarms of infected with the Imperial Army.
- Make your colonies evolve with more than 90 available technologies.
- Explore the ancient Human fortresses with your hero.
- Discover the story behind the apocalypse.
Also included in the V1.0 update is two new survival maps: The Deep Forest and The Caustic Lands. In addition the 60-hour campaign will be available as a free update for everyone who already owns the game.
Along with the V1.0 update, players will also be able to purchase new DLC content in the way of a soundtrack and a digital art book The Art of They Are Billions.