thatgamecompany has confirmed that its new game is due later this year.
Replying to a fan on Twitter, thatgamecompany stated that its upcoming currently-unnamed multiplatform game will release sometime in 2017.
At the time of writing, only five details have been released about the game, which are as follows:
- The aforementioned release year,
- that it is centered around the concept of “giving,”
- that it will be multiplatform,
- that the musical score is composed by TGC’s in-house Audio Director, Vincent Diamante, who also composed the scores for flOw and Flower, and
- that TGC will be self-publishing the game.
A handful of teaser images have also been released via thatgamecompany’s Twitter, which you can view below.
Although the game is billed as being focused on multiplayer, the team’s previous title, Journey, made use of online elements while also incorporating a powerful single-player experience. If thatgamecompany can offer a repeat of that, then fans of all games should be excited.
What do you think of these few details on this new venture by the developers of Journey? Sound off in the comments below!
Please stay with us here at Only Single Player (OnlySP.com) and on our Twitter, Facebook and Youtube accounts for all the latest on thatgamecompany’s upcoming game, as well as other news, previews, reviews and opinions in the world of single-player games!