Way, way back in 2014 we covered a very intriguing open world puzzle game called Reset. Following our interview with the developers, we’ve heard very little about the game until the start of this year when they started revealing more about Reset. And now, after almost three years, we finally have a release date.
According to Theory Interactive’s website, Reset will officially launch on December 20th, 2016. As of right now, the game is only planned for release on the PC. The game has already been approved through Steam’s Greenlight program.
If you’re wondering just what exactly Reset is I’ll provide you with an excerpt from our interview with Theory Interactive back in 2014. Reset is, “a first person co-op puzzle game from Theory Interactive, [that] has an unusual and exciting mechanic; you’ll have to travel back in time to co-operate with a previous version of yourself to complete its complex puzzles. But Reset will not just be about these tricky puzzles; it will also have a significant emphasis on story, atmosphere and immersion within its procedural generated island environment.”
Sounds pretty neat, right? There’s also a lot of tech behind the game as well. Via the Steam Greenlight page for Reset, here’s a bunch of highlighted details about the game you might find interesting.
• Unique single player co-op mechanic with ~30 individual puzzles to solve
• Gorgeous 16 square km open world island to explore and get lost in
• Smart, haunting but beautiful storyline
• Immersive PC experience enabled by in-house tech Praxis including:
• Physically based rendering
• Volumetric lighting
• Dynamic day and night cycles with accurate star positions
• Dynamic weather effects including realistic cloud simulation, rain and fog
We’re certainly going to check out Reset when it releases later this year so if you’re interested in learning more about the game be sure to follow OnlySP on Facebook and Twitter.