It looks like some details on Prey 2 have finally leaked.
Rumors from way back when pointed towards Prey 2 being developed by Arkane Studios after Human Head studios were removed from the project. Since that time, the project has said to have been completely rebuilt, with most of what we saw at E3 a few years ago gone. Shinobi has posted an image from a PDF document that contains a truck load of details on the project which is codenamed, “Danielle”. You can view that image just below.
Via NeoGAF, a user has posted the information from the PDF document via Pastebin. We’ll highlight some of the more important details just below, but if you want to read the rest you can visit the link.
Code name: PROJECT DANIELLE
Platforms: Orbis (PS4), Durango (Xbox3), PC Game Mode: Single Player Ship Date: Q3 2016
1st person Immersive SimAction / RPG
• The king of Immersive Sim RPGs
• One of the most anticipated cult sequels
• You have to escape a space station where things have gone bad
Spiritual successor to System Shock 2
Insert new story here
• 1st person shooter + RPG hybrid
• Deep systems with original complementary properties that encourage player creativity
• 10-20 hours per play through
• Highly re-playable due to built in variability in the design and support for multiple play styles • Randomized pick ups, objectives, gating setups.
SS2 base layer for reference
• Security cameras / Light stealth • Hacking • Crates • Security computers • Vending machines • Doors • Mutants / robots / turrets • Audio Logs of dead crew that reveal the past through arguments, research logs, etc… • Research / chemical ingredients • Resurrect Chambers • Upgrade consoles • No dialog / faceless / voiceless gender neutral hero
• RPG • Cyber modules to upgrade player • Nanites to buy shit from vending machines • Psionic powers • Guns • Ammos • Food • Comlinks from shodan • Expected missions: • Go find a log of some guy to know the code to open a door • Batteries to recharge and plug in • Find the access card to X
• Our own flavor of all of the above • Real missions where your actions are connected to the plot, not just traverse space • A truly 3D interconnected space, Visually stimulating and that offers variety • More systems in every types of systems • Powers that are not only attacks • player movement • Gadgets • Physics • Monsters • Simulation • AI • Plant grow • Ecology…
We don’t know yet which feature will stand out
Melee • Heavy Wrench • Fire Axe • Guns are very limited in ammo
Ranged • Guns and lasers • Guided Blades (crafted by player)
Psionic Powers • Pacify / Control Enemies • Pull / throw physics • Invert gravity in an area
Combat is physical
To be updated
• Self-replicating liquids that duplicates themselves every time they feed. Kill them fast or face a swarm.
• Mimics that shape shift into objects, other monsters, or the player.
• Acid breathing aliens that corrode the environment when dying, spitting, or bleeding (cool way to open doors)
• Deranged Security and Repair bots native to the ship.
Unique Aliens with Imaginative Powers
• Survival aspect • Food is rare • you can be poisoned • you need to sleep • Maybe you can fall sick • radiation has leaked in some areas…
• Crafting / scavenging • Extracting a component from a monster • Make an armor from a the skin of a tough specie • Make weapons • Grow your food • Cure to poison
Compose your own play style • Growing your character should be a system if we can pull it off • Hacker • Fighter • Stealth • Psionic
Upgrade Stats, acquire psionic powers, genetically mutate and acquire properties from other aliens by sampling their DNA. • Stick to walls • Chameleon • Work on your immunities
Tailor your Character
More cool shit
• Story Choices / consequences • Variability / replay ability • Out of game experience • social / achievement / tablet • Asynchronous log sharing
The game should be hard!
• Better for tension • We’ll still have modes for Anthony and Harvey
At this point in time, none of this information is confirmed. However, it is very, very, heavily rumored that Arkane Studios took over development of Prey 2, so that much is true. Kotaku had pulled up details on the project about a year ago as to which a developer from Arkane cited them as, “press sneak fucks”. Kinda comical, but anyways, we’ll be sure to keep you updated as this story develops. Maybe a surprise E3 reveal is in store for the latest entry in the Prey franchise.