After skipping April, despite its usual monthly updates, Supergiant Games recently shipped a content-packed and appropriately named May update for Hades.
‘The Beefy Update’ is the fourth patch to Hades since releasing on the Epic Games Store live at The Game Awards on December 7, 2018. This new content follows ‘The Chaos Update’, ‘The Good Times Update’, and ‘Murder Death Kill’.
The latest update adds a new environment, two bosses, fixes to some of the game’s mechanics, and more. The official patch notes are massive, available through the Epic Games Launcher or Supergiant Games’s official Discord server, but these are the key highlights:
- Elysium: Rise up to an all-new biome of the Underworld, rife with new perils and mysteries.
- Theseus and the Minotaur: They await you in the afterlife of heroes… Who else will you find up there?
- Redesigned Dash: Outmaneuver your foes like never before with this newly revised core ability.
- Improved UI: All-new Boon Info display lets you track an even greater number of power-ups.
- New Foes: Confront the Exalted and the Nemean Chariot, among other Elysian foes.
- New Boons: Look for new God Boons, including all-new Exchange choices.
- New Story Events: There are ~1,000 new voice lines—the most added in an update since launch.
For players who have not taken Hades for a spin lately, ‘The Beefiest Update’ should provide hours of fresh gameplay.
For all the latest on Hades and much more from the world of single-player gaming, be sure to bookmark OnlySP and follow us on Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube. You can also join the discussion in our community Discord server.