The Nintendo Switch version of Dragon Quest XI, titled Dragon Quest XI S: Echoes of an Elusive Age — Definitive Edition, will have more content than the PlayStation 4 and PC versions.
According to the official website, each of the party members will be the main protagonists of their own story, and will be able to face unique bosses contained in those stories. Additionally, some party members will be able to recruit own parties, and some will not. The website also lists some of the stories:
- Erik seeks the help of a Healslime named Homirin to escape from a monsters’ hideout
- In Gondolia, Sylvando decides to take action against thieves who are harassing a group of people
- Jade gets imprisoned in another world by Booga when she visits Octagonia
- Rab ends up in a mysterious and nostalgic place when he chases after a bunny
- Hendrick seems to suspect Jasper has returned when a dark shadow appears in Heliodor Castle
The Nintendo Switch version of Dragon Quest XI with additional features was announced last year. Producer Hokuto Okamoto said that the game would have to sell well in the West in order for the localization of the series to continue.
Dragon Quest XI S will launch for the Nintendo Switch on September 27, 2019.