CD Projekt Red is currently hard at work on the next update for The Witcher 3. Here are some of the changes patch 1.07 will be bringing to the game:
- A new, alternative (optional) movement response mode for Geralt.
- A player stash for storing items, available in various locations throughout the game. Stash locations are marked on the player’s map.
- Crafting and alchemy components no longer add to the overall inventory weight.
- Books are now placed in a dedicated tab in the Inventory and books that have already been read are properly grayed out.
- Multiple sorting options are now available in the Inventory.
- Alchemy formulas and crafting diagrams can be “pinned”, meaning all components and ingredients required to make them will be conveniently marked in the Shop panel.
- Dozens of fixes for quest related issues, both major and minor.
- A few performance enhancements, including the optimization of FX, scenes and general gameplay.
- Various improvements to horse behavior.
As a result of the effort being concentrated on the update, the studio won’t be publishing free DLC this week, although assured gamers that free content would be returning next week. The full list of changes for patch 1.07 will be coming later this week and the update is expected to release simultaneously on PS4, Xbox One, and PC.