Quantic Dream has announced that Beyond: Two Souls will be arriving on the PS4 next week. Thanks Quantic Dream, not like we have enough games to play already.
According to the PlayStation Blog post, “Beyond: Two Souls is coming to PS4 next week, complete with graphical improvements and new fan-requested features. You’ll be able to download it from PlayStation Store starting November 24th for $29.99.”
Here’s all the new features in the updated version of Beyond: Two Souls:
- Enhanced 1080p graphics including motion blur, bloom and depth of field effects, as well as improved lighting and shadows. The game also makes use of the DualShock 4 speaker to improve immersion when playing as the Entity.
- Decisions are highlighted at the end of each scene and compared with those made by other players.
- You can now play the game in chronological order right from the start – a much requested feature in the PS3 version!
- Increased difficulty in a certain fight scene, combined with improved controls for action sequences.
- Includes the “Enhanced Experiments” DLC.
We enjoyed Beyond: Two Souls quite a bit, even though the story is a bit convoluted in places and hard to follow. Here’s what one of our former editors Matt Bianucci had to say about the game in his review:
Beyond: Two Souls is the epitome of a fantastic story. Developer Quantic Dream has nearly perfected its personal genre, the Interactive Drama. It has the fantastic acting of Ellen Page, Willem Dafoe, and the entire supporting cast, as well as the beautiful soundtrack and great script. The gameplay and technical problems keep the game from being a masterpiece, but the thought-provoking story and the countless different options will keep me coming back for more to see the rest that the game has to offer.
If the PS4 is your first PlayStation console, Beyond: Two Souls is certainly worth checking out. If you played Until Dawn earlier this year and enjoyed that, you’ll probably enjoy Beyond: Two Souls as well.
The PlayStation Blog post also announced that Heavy Rain will be making its way to the PS4 on March 1st, 2016. Stay tuned for further updates by following OnlySP on Facebook and Twitter.