Following the enormous commercial and critical success of God of War, a new sequel seems inevitable, but a job listing at Santa Monica studio has indicated that a new sequel is already in development.
The job listing is for a senior character concept artist for the “God of War team,” with the majority of the work focusing on major character, enemy, and prop design. The advertisement reads:
“Santa Monica Studio is looking for an experienced Senior Character Concept artist to help develop genre defining visuals delivered only on PlayStation. Come help us design a rich cast of characters and creatures steeped in story, mythology, mixed with strong historical detail and influences.”
The job listing’s principal duties are as follows:
- Work with the Art Directors and Leads to create a high quality characters, gods, creatures, and props.
- Must be able to create character designs that are both visually strong while also supporting the gameplay and narrative needs.
- Possess the knowledge of design process through the creation of thumbnail, sketches, painting, model sheets, and production paintings.
- Is able to participate in meetings, brainstorming ideas, pitching concepts, and responding to feedback.
- Is comfortable receiving critiques and working under tight deadlines.